- Monday: hello, teal hair! I wore a pretty dark casual-ish outfit with some quirky schoolboy elements, such as the neat cardigan, leather messenger bag and platforms sneakers.
- Tuesday: wearing cobalt blue shorts with a loose white shirt and my new normcore-ish sandals, since it was waaaay too hot to wear anything else.
- Wednesday: a pretty monochromatic look with the teal bangs being the only exception.
- Thursday: Monday's outfit, but with the sandals instead.
- Friday: the weather suddenly got cold and rainy, and of course, me being me, I didn't bring anything warmer with me. My workmate, however, saved me with this pretty pastel pink sweater (and now it's mine since she put it on sale on her Vinted profile anyway). And yes, it was that kind of a day when you just wanna wear a ton of layers on top but still opt for comfy sandals. This is a pretty weird summer, to be honest.
niedziela, 17 lipca 2016
poniedziałek, 4 lipca 2016
The title of this post refers to two things: my white shirt phase that I have mentioned some time ago and, of course, this blog here. Today marks three years since I've started blogging and even though I most likely deleted the first post (along with some others) during a self-loathing episode (it happens, no big deal), I still remember what I wore there and I promise to recreate this look according to my current style soon. In the meanwhile, please enjoy yet another sassy schoolgirl look, mainly made by the skirt that I finally managed to button up to the very top. Yay!
Apart from a short happy birthday, dear bloggie, I don't really have much to say. I'll just state the facts: blogging has allowed me to polish up my style, boost my self esteem (very poor before) and overall confidence and meet amazing people who managed to like back such an awkward little creature that I am (some of them even became my dearest friends). As much as I'd love to make a living only by blogging one day, I wouldn't really mind if it stays as it is currently - really now, I do have an awesome job already, so I might as well just post my looks with a few snarky comments thrown inbetween the pictures for the rest of my life.
(I still think that a collaboration with one of my usual coffee providers wouldn't hurt, though.)
sobota, 2 lipca 2016
So, onto the recap itself:
- Monday: I wore squirrel print dress with high-waisted red shorts and white creepers to bring some vintage boyish charm to the new workplace.
- Tuesday: a very simple outfit: bright floral dress with a cardigan and light summer oxfords.
- Wednesday: probably the edgiest outfit here - I wore a leather skirt on a red dress (yep, a dress, a very plain one that serves perfectly as a top).
- Thursday: a more laid-back edition of Monday's boyish charm.
- Friday: I put on the leather skirt on this violet flannel to make it a bit more sassy.
See you next week!
wtorek, 21 czerwca 2016
I just keep on revisiting this location over and over again, each time presenting a girly retro outfit to this old tiny passage. This time, I went there with my other photographer a.k.a The Other Marta (even though, to this Marta, the First Marta is known as The Other Marta. This is way too funny). The photoshoot, however, is a joint effort of both of them, since the thrifted suede dress was shortened for me by Marta the BFF and the photos were done by Marta the University Times Friend. I apologize, it must be a bit confusing by now.
This outfit is delightfully dolly. And retro. And preppy. These new frames are like a cherry on top of this vintage cake (although the scarf is the only cherry-coloured thing here). It looks as if I, for a change, didn't try to deny the fact that my jaw is so damn square-ish, but rather embraced its shape - because these glasses accentuate it even more. But it's okay, really, since I wear this pair all the time and get complimented a lot.
Just a word of notice: I might be a bit less active here during the next few months. Both my new exciting job and equally exciting adventures are calling... and since I can finally enjoy it all without having to stress about anything too much, the blog won't be that much of a priority to me. At least for now.
niedziela, 19 czerwca 2016
This is an EXTREMELY belated Outfit of the Day recap that I didn't have a chance to scan earlier, but then - I like the dynamism of this one a lot, so I didn't want it to go wasted either. So here it is, something fun to end this week.
- Monday: a coral dress with the white socks + white shoes combo that I've been fond of these days. Very light and very feminine, perfect for the warm weather.
- Tuesday: I cut my hair! No more of this mullet-ish bullcrap on my head. On that day, I wore a vintage basketball top with a leather skirt and platform sneakers. Fabulous!
- Wednesday: a preppy dress for a day spent at work.
- Thursday: just a casual outfit with a flannel shirt and a pair of Nike's.
- Friday: a smart casual combo I wore for a date. The print of this shirt is actually a pattern made of tiny anchors. So cute and boyish.
środa, 8 czerwca 2016
If you've ever watched Sailor Moon, you can probably see I was trying to recreate Haruka's signature silhouette here: checkered high-waisted pants and broad shoulder line accentuated with a loosely tucked white shirt. Well, that was the initial plan, but it came out more like a schoolboy who just started his summer break type of look.
I wanted these photos to come out crisp and saturated like the previous photoshoot, but the final result brings more of a lazy hot afternoon mood. The purple-pinkish chalk experiment on my hair fits perfectly into this dreamy aesthetic.
Many of you might be starting the actual summer break right now. I do not, since... well, I am a proper adult (sic!), but let me pretend just for the sake of the usual summertime nostalgia.
niedziela, 5 czerwca 2016
Aaaaand here I am with the next illustration of my Outfit of the Day Recap series. I pledged to do these each time I somehow manage to dress up nicely for at least five days a week and I'm keeping my word so far! I am the person who can wear the same shirt three days in a row if I like it enough, so versatility of the outfits is yet another factor deciding on whether I'll do a recap that particular week or not, haha. Without further ado, let me quickly describe what I was wearing.
- Monday: the usual oversized flannel paired with skinny pants, a faithful pair of Nike's and a snapback to swiftly go through the day. I used pink hair chalk on my bangs for some extra sass.
- Tuesday: it was scorching hot that day, so I just choose a pair of shorts and a polo shirt with a dandy floral shirt (that I hope to show sometime soon on the blog).
- Wednesday: a loose denim dress from the last post with a straw porkpie hat and heart-shaped sunglasses. So girly.
- Thursday: a cozy sweatshirt + skinny jeans combo for a day spent on drawing in a cafe.
- Friday: I'm getting casual Sailor Uranus vibes here! This is a look you'll see in my next outfit post. Very summer-y and schoolboy-ish.